Tuesday, January 1, 2008

More than words

This comes from one of my word sources, just stumbling across it as I cleaned out the old year to make room for the new. You have to love the message.

the gift of time (n.)
Whenever I have to tell my daughter I'm too busy to play, she runs to her room and whips out her drawing paper and crayons. A few minutes later she has a gift ready for me. It reads:

Gift Certifikit
No Work. A whole day of play with me.

If I begin redeeming my gift certificates, I wouldn't need to work for the next week and a half. But that shows the best gifts often don't cost a thing, except time.

kith \KITH\ noun

: familiar friends, neighbors, or relatives

* I have heard 'kith' used before but only in the context of 'kith and kin', which seems to beg for classification as a redundancy.

afflatus \uh-FLAY-tus\ noun

: a divine imparting of knowledge or power : inspiration

No comments: